Friday, October 30, 2009

Feature Friday: Lisa of seventytwostitches

Hello hello! It's Halloween Eve - everyone excited for some spooks? Allysattic is super busy with buying a new house so I am taking over this week's Feature Friday (scary, I know)! I took some tips from last week's entry asking for different questions and such, and changed this up a little. Enjoy!



1. Tell us a bit about yourself, your shop, and what brought you to the Etsy community.
Hello! My name is Lisa. I work part-time at Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts. I've been working there for about 6 years. I work only 2 nights a week, and I'm considering quitting and selling on Etsy full time! (More time to crochet!). I live in a cute medium-sized yellow house with my husband, and my 2 very spoiled cats, Ruby and Chester. I would have to say my cats are my inspiration. I started out crocheting toys for them, and I realized, they have more toys than I do! And that the house was slowly getting cluttered with cat toys (I hate clutter). I thought to myself, "Could I really sell these crochet toys? Would people want to buy them?" Once one of my friends (PrettyPeapod) started selling on Etsy that really gave me a push to go for it. So after thinking about it for a while, I jumped in and I joined the Etsy community. I thought I would try it out, and if I didn't like it I would quit. But soon after joining, I became obsessed.


2. Walk us through a typical day in your life.
In the morning I check my e-mail, and pack up any orders and walk to the post office. If I don't have any sales I play on the computer, update my blog, and read my favorite blogs. I also take pictures of new items and get them ready for my shop.

After lunch I start crocheting. Then I attend any virtual lab that are schedule for that day. If not, I continue crocheting. Or I will add new items/renew/relist.

In the evenings, my hubby and I go for a walk, watch a movie and I will do more crocheting. At this time of the day I like to work on projects that are for me, but it usually never happens. Most of the time I'm finishing up items for my shop.

3. What market (group of people) do you see your items being for?
I started out marketing to pets. But then I soon realized my items could be for kids, babies and adults.


4. Name your top three:
- Books
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
The Secret Life of Bees
She's Come Undone

- Music (song or artist)
The Beatles

- Movies or Television shows
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Grey's Anantomy
Supernatural

- Websites
twitter.com
hulu.com
etsy.com (of course!) :) 



5. Where do you hope your shop will be in a year?
I hope to hit 100 items in my shop. And continue having fun with it!

6. What is one of your favorite shops on Etsy?
Ohhh.... that's a tough one.
My two favorite shops are www.MelissaSue.etsy.com and www.moonscreations.etsy.com

7. What projects are you currently working on?

I'm still working on Christmas items for the shop. I'm also working on more variety in my shop. For example, different colored elephants, and items with and without bells. When I'm not working on an item for my shop, I'm crocheting a blanket for myself. It's made with 100% wool. It's going to be really nice and warm in the winter. If I finish it before winter that is. :)

8. If you could have one super power - what would it be?
The ability to stop time. So I can get more crocheting done. There needs to be more time in the day!



Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

  1. I love feature Friday! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love knowing more about my good friend 72!!! Thanks for the shout out!
    My very own 72 is a very talented young lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to get to know fellow LabRats! This just makes us feel like a close community. SeventyTwo it's nice to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feature Friday is great. It's always nice to hear how people get their start and why they enjoy doing what they do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great feature 72! I agree with the stop time thing! I want one where we can pause things while we catch up with tasks, then hit "resume". :)

    ReplyDelete