Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wishlist Wednesday - Allison from Allysattic

Hey all. I happened to pull my own name out of the "hat" this week for Wishlist Wednesday. :)

So, without further ado, here are my wishlist picks for this week (they all have to do with setting up my new craft room in the house my husband and I are closing on on October 30th!)


1. The first item is a great parody of that "Keep Calm and Carry On" phrase that you will see if you spend any amount of time poking around on Etsy. This item, titled "Keep Calm but Carry Chocolate" by ChuckEByrdWallArt is not only funny but is a nice shade of chocolate brown.

Anyway, that's definitely going in my craft room somewhere because sometimes, when you're trying to close a stubborn jumpring or when a little teensy tiny bead has flung itself from your pliers, chocolate can be a good thing.  :)


2. My second item is also art for the walls of my craft room. This print, titled "SO VERY HAPPY" by dazychic is a a great reminder to just be happy.

And, it's also darling. I mean, look at that little bird checking out that french fry. Totally cute, right?  :)


3. My third item is a fine art photograph by studiocvh titled "Love Will Tear Us Apart 1 - 8x10 Photograph Fine Art Print".

There are several things I like about this photograph. I especially love the shadows and that it is in black and white, but yet is not "stark". Hope that makes sense. Plus, the statue is just so absolutely cool. I don't think I've ever seen a grieving angel statue.


4. Okay, I guess this whole list is going to be things to decorate my craft room with. My fourth wishlist pick is a great print by BestArtStudios2 titled "Heartache and Poetry IX".

This artist has an entire series of "Heartache and Poetry". Number IX made my wishlist because I love the way that the trees are angled in it, and also that the girl on the swing is dropping something - what could it be?  :)


5. And last, but not least, is not artwork for my wall (ha!) and is something I already bought at the end of last week because I wouldn't wait anymore, but I wanted to talk about it anyway. So there. My last wishlist item is "Aleksandr - A Blueberry Bat" from blueberrydays.

Isn't he darling? I'm going to dangle him from the underside of a shelf. There are many many many cute items in blueberrydays' shop. Even if you are not in the market for small hand-crocheted items, I'd encourage any of you who have items that could have "stories" attached to them to look at a couple of items in this shop. Each of the little critters, such as Aleksandr, have absolutely adorable stories about them in their descriptions.

Anyway, those are my five wishlist items. They don't make much sense when put together, but I invision my craft room being a space of creativity and I gathered these items with the intent that they would inspire me in many different ways.  :)

Allysattic out!

4 comments:

  1. You know what I love best about these posts? Finding amazing shops that I might not have seen before. What great pics! Please show before and afters of your craft room. And congrats on the house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff! When I finally get a craft room to decorate I want the chocolate sign too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome wishlist! I love the focus on graphic prints and posters since a lot of wishlists have been on items. However, I must say I am a fan of aleksandr and definitely love blueberrydays shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, that "happier than a bird and a french fry" print is too freakin' cute! I just love it and am so glad you shared it :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete