Friday, January 22, 2010

Feature Friday, knitting4ewe





1) Tell us about yourself, your shop and what brought you to the Etsy community.


  I'm from Sylvania OH, near Toledo where I raised three terrific daughters.  They are such a Godsend.  I  also have three granddaughters and two sons-in-law to share our close-knit family.

 Oh before I forget.....Hi my name is Linda and I'm addicted to yarn and knitting.  Whew!  had to get that off my chest!

 When I "have to" get supplies, just walking into the yarn shop is a heady experience.   So many colors, fibers, textures, feels!!    Patterns, project books, even the needle styles get to me.   You know you're a "frequent flier" at the yarn shop when the the salesperson says "see you tomorrow".   I love my craft when it's a great day, and when it's not so great, it helps me get out of bed in the morning.   Isn't that why we all do what we do?
 I opened a shop in 2007 but had to step back from it. Now that I'm back, I want my shop to feel friendly and inviting.  After 33 years retail experience, both in sales and management, customer service is very important to me.  It's a whole new ball game online where people can't see your smile, sense your attitude or gauge your response to their questions.  You have a chance to connect with them through your descriptions, your craft and your availibility to them as a seller.
  One day, when I was playing on the computer, and looking for sites that would sell me handmade items........I found Etsy.  After spending some time in Etsyland and looking the site over, I felt I was at home for some reason.  I have found and made  many new friends in the Labs to help me out when I was really in newbieville. (thanks AuntKarenscreations and 4GetMeNotTreasures).  This holds true for the forums too.  I know I want to be here and to be successful.

2) Walk us through a typical day in your life.
   I'm usually up by 7 a.m. and, the first thing I do is take care of my herd of cats (3  actually).  Then I take care of me; coffee, etc..  I'm retired so I can do whatever I want to do!
   After my first cup of coffee I hit my e-mail, my shop, and take a leisurely stroll through the forums.  There are 2or 3 threads that focus on good news and staying positive and I look forward to them.   I'm in the forums 3 times a day-----briefly of course.  I love the vlabs too, so I factor those in when I'm planning my day.
  Any housework or errands are done early so I can "play" all day.  That means I can work in my shop or knit away to my heart's content.   I'm really blessed to be able to do so.
  Usually I'm in bed between 11p.m. and midnight if I can get my mind to quit thinking about my shop.

3.) Name your top 3:
books-
   A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
   Left Behind the series by Tim LaHaye
   any mystery out there

music-
   Luther Vandross
   Natasha Bedingfield
   anything smooth jazz or r&b

movies or tv-
    Tennis channel
    Something about Mary
    Napolleon Dynamite

websites-

5) What is one of your favorite shops on Etsy?
   www.artjewelry4you.etsy.com

6) What projects are you currently working on?
   I'm looking forward to spring and summer so I can get out of the house and into the garden. Those things have inspired me to work on pieces that are made with lighter weight, natural fibers (oops! back to the yarn shop)  and the riot of colors that show themselves, .  I have a tendency to start more than one project at a time so we'll see if I can get myself to focus.

7) If you could have 1 super power, what would it be and why?
  to leap one yarn shop in a single bound!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment