1) Tell us about yourself, your shop and what brought you to the Etsy community.
My name is Hollie, I'm a lover of street and high fashion, music, dark fairy tales, nature, and handmade life. I achieve great happiness from cooking a great meal, sewing a bow, camping, being with my family and animals. I would be happiest living off my own garden and living in a cottage by the lake in the woods. Not into city life, though I love a great night on the town, seeing some live music, dressing up. I'm married, a sister and from Canada originally. I'm northern at heart.
2) Walk us through a typical day in your life.
Wake up, check emails right away. Check Twitter, Facebook and make sure I've covered the important stuff. Then I make some pressed coffee, some breakfast ( I love mushroom, zucchini and cheese omelettes ) and do up blog posts, list a new Etsy item and promote for a few hours. Promoting is something I really enjoy. I work on my new team as well, now-Indie Free Spirits.
Then I shower, package orders and run to the post office (if it's not deathly hot that day, cause I'm intolerant to the heat and sun), then hit the grocery store for dinner stuffs. Then I usually do some sewing of bows, and do some more Etsy stuff. I'll then clean the house, do some laundry, make dinner and then spend the rest of my evening with my husband. He will usually watch the Colbert Report and I'll sew on the couch beside him. I do alot of hand sewing. I never use a machine.
3) Name your top 3:
-Books: Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham, Catcher in the Rye by Salinger, and Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.
-Music: Fleetwood Mac, Tori Amos and Lady Gaga
-Movies OR TV shows: The Village, In The Name of the Father, then it's tied between Little Mermaid and Pocahontas.
Etsy, of course
Twitter (I've grown to love it.)
4) Where do you hope your shop will be in 1 year? Ok, well my shop will be well known enough that Lady Gaga will have bought a bow from me(lol) and I will have located a local store that sells PVC in every color so I don't have to order it online anymore. This will make listing a larger variety of bow colors more feasible. I will be making more than 2 sales a day hopefully and will have met alot more artists in my local area and do alot more in person promoting at craft shows. I'd like to have the shop filled with at least 4 to 5 pages of bows and accessories to choose from.
5) What is one of your favorite shops on Etsy?
just to name a few...
6) What projects are you currently working on?
A million bows (alot of pvc), creating craft show displays out of things like empty cardboard paper towel tubes and other recycled stuff. Trying to practice illustrating portraits, especially men, hands and weird positioned people-which are all my not-so-great areas of expertise.
7) If you could have 1 super power, what would it be and why?
I'd ask for complete wisdom. Then I could face anything head on and know its going to be okay, and exactly how to deal with it. I'd also use it to help alot of people.
Check out Hollie's other shop... ImFromTheWoods