Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Life of a NEW Item

Usually at this time of week we'd be taking a close-up look at the creation of a specific item, but this week it's a reminder of some of the information available to help Etsians develop those items.  As always, if you can walk your fellow Team members through how you devise, design, make and market an item on Etsy, please be in touch!

Long before you pick up the camera, or begin to write a description, it starts with creating an item that's fresh and original, that meets an emerging need (or want), or that puts a new twist on something already out there. Here are some Etsy resources to help jump-start that creative process:



6 comments:

  1. Good linkage Jswrites! Thought provoking too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can certainly use this. I've been "working" on a new product for months. By working, I mean thinking about it. Making a couple. Wondering if I should do more. Wondering if I like it. Contemplating pricing. Standard stuff, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the great articles! I have just started adding children prints to my shop and these articles are helpful. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for useful links! Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been working on adding a new line to my shop and the hardest thing for me is finding the right price. I need it to be worth my while not just break even. That's always the toughest thing for me: how to make a profit and still have competive pricing?!

    Thanks for the links - always a help :)

    ReplyDelete