Friday, March 5, 2010

Feature Friday, nightowlcraftworks




1)      1) Tell us about yourself, your shop and what brought you to the Etsy community.
My name is Sally, my shop is NightOwlCraftworks, and I came to Etsy after falling in love with binding and running out of people to give my journals to.


2) Walk us through a typical day in your life.
My typical day is fairly bland.  Most of it is taken up with my kids, but when I get a chance to work on my shop this is how it usually goes:
Wake up & check e-mails, respond to any convos or tweets.  When the baby naps I either do work in the studio, or I work on my blog and getting caught up on my social networks.  The afternoon and early evening is spent with my girls and the hubby, then if everyone gets settled in, I might have a little time to squeeze in some more work.
3) Name your top 3:
-Books
Inkheart, Inkspell, Inkdeath
-Music
Dave Matthews Band, Bare Naked Ladies, Beastie Boys
-Movies OR TV shows
Labyrinth, Glee, Bones
-Websites
Twitter, Facebook, and Blogger
4) Where do you hope your shop will be in 1 year?
I’m hoping my sales have doubled and I manage my time well enough so I can list a journal every other day.

5) What is one of your favorite shops on Etsy?
One?! I don’t have one, but I do have styles that I like.  I really like any item that incorporates original artwork into the piece.  
6) What projects are you currently working on?
I have a bamboo tablet that I’m hoping to learn and have the ability to screen print some new covers.


7) If you could have 1 super power, what would it be and why?
I wish I could bend time, like Hiro on Heroes.  I would be able to stop time and work on my shop, then start time again and spend all that extra time with my family.
p.s. Sorry I got this post out late, I have been super busy with family this week and I got a little behind. 

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love your journals! The way you photograph them is wonderful as well. I foresee great things in your future! :)
    :::GlassAli:::

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do great work Sally, my journal is almost filled, I'll be getting another from you soon :)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete