1) Tell us about yourself, your shop and what brought you to the Etsy community. My name is Lynda and I married to a great guy now going on 8 yrs. I always like to tell our story which is really fun, we met online back in 1998 online gaming, then 2 years later he moved out from Maine to Ohio and we been together ever since. When I first come to Etsy I was looking for something to create, some focus. And like so many others I wanted to make and do everything I saw. As long as I can remember I've been creative. And funny enough I watched Rob White on Martha Stewart talking about Etsy and you know what… I got online went straight there book marked it to come back another day! As you see I came back, I knew it was the perfect place for me to share my love of creativity with others who was just as or even more so creative then me.
2) Walk us through a typical day in your life. I wake up every day to either dogs barking (need to go potty) or cats knocking stuff over in the house (well because they're cats!). So starts my day! My husband has a nice job, nice enough where it allows me to create and of course take care of our home. First off I answer emails, check orders then start creating. Around 3-4 I make my last run of the day to the post office. Then somewhere around 10pm I get out my sketch pad to dot thoughts down. And usually work on a few new items to post. I do most of my work for my Shop at night. It's one of the very reasons I named my Etsy shop Nightlady, I'm diffidently a night owl. Night time is so peaceful for me it allows my creativity to bloom.
3) Name your top 3: -Books
-Movies OR TV shows
-Websites I have a love for all things Paranormal Romance. I'm an avid reader. I love movies, going to them or renting. I love playing Mahjong. My older brother and I go over to our parents on Thursday every week to play Yuker, family is an important aspect of my life. One of my all time favorites I'd have to say is Reality shows, I'm addicted. And I need to throw one more in there, I love Music, I been playing Piano by ear since early 80's. Over 20 years now, so Music is always special to me. When I was in my early teens, my mom, older brother and myself made a "tape" (that was equivalent to a CD today). And in no way am I telling you this to be cool… because it is not cool!! It is so hilarious, we thought we were good! Turns out it's something we treasure since my brother’s death in 08'.
4) Where do you hope your shop will be in 1 year? Uhm, never really given it much thought. I do know I want to grow as an artist and expand my shop. I would like to possibly even go to trade shows, craft shows. If I keep buying supplies like I am now I just might be opening another shop for destashing! I do want to start writing in my blog. Though it might not that big of a deal to some. (my husband has 2, and calls me a chicken) I'm terrified! Who knows maybe one day! 5) What is one of your favorite shops on Etsy? Favorite shops...I have so many! But I do love shops that feature animal felting and anything clay. One that I visit often that just makes me laugh and smile so much, (I even bought my husband some Ninja's for Christmas from her!) isboltsandbots.etsy.com. Just adorable.
6) What projects are you currently working on? I been working on something with my flower brooches that add some more texture and uniqueness...let's just say it involves power tools!!
7) If you could have 1 super power, what would it be and why?
Only 1 super power… invisibility! I secretly always wanted to be a spy!