Hi there, my name is Alicia of La Alicia, earth friendly frills. I make women's accessories with recycled materials. I am paper-obsessed!
I thought it would be nice to share this eco friendly multipurpose paper pouch tutorial with the LabRats Team. Squeak!
1. Start with a square piece of paper. The one I used was 8” x 8”. Place it on your work surface with one corner pointing toward you.
2. Fold the corner pointing toward you up to the opposite point and crease the fold.
3. Fold the far right point in lining it up with the opposite edge and crease the fold.
4. Repeat with the far left point.
5. Fold the top point down along the line that was created with the previous two folds and crease.
6. Unfold and tuck the top piece into the top pocket created.
7. Fill pouch with items on your choice and fold the remaining flap by tucking in into the pouch with the previous one. Viola!
These little pouchlettes can be made in a variety of sizes by starting with different size paper squares. I love to use reclaimed magazine pages and junk mail to make these. You could use any foldable material you like to create these. They’re great to keep little things from getting lost. This size perfectly fits a pair of earrings and a business card.
I hope you enjoy making and using these as much as I do.